Saturday, December 23, 2006

BESTOF06 - Part 4

So cats and kittens, this is almost coming to an end. My holidays have so far been spent sick and on the couch under blankets, but I've been able to re listen to all the top 50 CD's we chose. Confidently, I can say we made good choices, though it was hard to rank albums Jon completely ignored, or ones I completely ignored throughout the year. Sometime this weekend I'll post the final 10 (5 of our own picks), which will be our final present for the year. Jon will vacation in Sin City, and I will continue to write songs for my own musical project. Thank you, and without further deference:

11. Islands - Return To The Sea
12. Joanna Newson - Ys
13. I'm From Barcelona - Let Me Introduce My Friends
14. Thom Yorke - Eraser
15. Grizzly Bear - Yellow house
16. Swan Lake - Beast Moans
17. Band of Horses - Everything All The Time
18. Final Fantasy - He Poos Clouds
19. Danielson - Ships
20. Sunset Rubdown - Shut Up I Am Dreaming

On a final note, I would like to point out that this is the closest installment choice we made. Out of our initial list of 50, the 20 left could almost be considered on equal terms. The Grizzly Bear record really surprised me, Final Fantasy won the Polaris music prize, Swan Lake become Canada's second indie super group, Thom Yorke ventured out on his own, and Carrissa's Wierd bandmates reunited to form Band of Horses. An overall great runners up list.

No comments: