Monday, August 18, 2008

Dearest Listeners (and readers)

It is with the deepest regret I inform you today that mp3this is taking a temporary washroom break. The schedules and demanding lives of these two young bloggers have taken over their commitment to contemporary music for the time being, but not necessarily for eternity.

The first clause is our radio program. Since I will be unable to attend the show for the months of September through December, Jon will take over the show. This is heartbreaking for me (Thom) but it is an investment. I plan to buy out CJAM in 6 years and thus need to prioritize my education. My last show will be September 1, Labour Day. Afterwards, we will celebrate our final show by doing a live show recording at Comerica Park, as the Tigers take on the Yankees in a rescheduled rain-out game.

The second and final clause is Toronto band Human Kind. These guys are straight up new wave purists, whether or not that is good is up to you.

Human Kind (Myspace)

Their EP It Will All End In Tears is on rotation at CJAM.

No comments: