Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It's Been One Week

Shhh...It's another secret.

The new Trans Am album drops in a week, but Thrill Jockey Records put a preview on their website. Pretty cool, considering CD sales are "diminished" by these kind of ideas. Actually, one intriguing reality is the price of the LP--$10.00--3 dollars cheaper than the CD price. That's my kind of album!

You see, if I'm going to buy an album, it's because I don't want to forget about it. Since I don't really have job (McDonald's), I don't have money for CD after CD--so it becomes an investment. I think vinyl, as a medium, is amazing. Tiny grooves make sound come out. Isn't that crazy?! Plus, record players are like sculptures; a mixed media art piece, combining raw mechanics and music. When I get that studio apartment in NYC I'm making sure I expose some kind of record player. To me, it's an awful (full of awe) piece of "technology".

No comments: