Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Best of 07 pt. 5- The Animal Scene

Animal Collective released easily one of their best cd's and collective member Noah Lennox know as Panda Bear released one of, if not the best album of the year. Broken Social Scene members were just as prolific this year with Feist, Kevin Drew and the Apostle of Hustle releasing new material.

The Animal Collective Vs. Broken Social Scene = We are all Winners Award.

Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam



New collective, turns out to be one of their best efforts to date in my humble opinion, sadly I have never been great at discussing their sound. The only thing I know is that I love them and this album makes me feel happy in new and exciting ways.

Animal Collective - Unsolved Mysteries

Panda Bear - Person Pitch



I'm going to come out and say it, and this is all I am going about this album. Best album of the year.

Panda Bear - Comfy in Nautica

Apostle of Hustle - National Anthem of Nowhere



ANdrew Whiteman's band the Apostle of Hustle has a special place in my heart with it's latin influenced folk. This album was another suprise of this year, and Mr. Hustle if you are reading I am sorry about the terrible interview I gave you...

Apostle of Hustle - National Anthem of Nowhere

And I refuse to post a Feist Song.

-jon

No comments: