Sunday, December 2, 2007

Best of 2006

I think we can manage 18 more! Expect, in the forthcoming fortnight, posts of our best of 2007 clustered together.

I now focus on an artist who completely escaped out field of hearing during not only last years BO'06, but all of last year! Fionn Regan was nominated for last years Mercury Music Prize (for you Canucks, it's what the Polaris Prize ripped off, and for you Americans it's kind of like winning the Superbowl or having your nipple protector ripped off my JT.) and he has since lingered in the shadows. From Ireland, it was fitting my Irish friend recommended him to me first.

Lyrical brilliance, and a wealth of guitar ability are in all of his songs. Even better than Damien Rice, he takes a clear stab at any folk effort (good riddance David Bazan.) I give to you, Snowy Atlas Mountain.

Fionn Regan - Snowy Atlas Mountain

No comments: