Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Top TEN!!!


This is my proper top ten list. I was wrestling with doing the top 50 but it seems that the ordering outside of the top 10 was unfair. I was also a little apprehensive at putting Panda Bear as my top album but I have been vindicated by the release of P4K's top 50 today. All in all it appears my list falls in line with every other one released in a while so nothing to new hear or see which is disappointing but I think that 2007 was a great year for music, but a disappointing one for Hip-Hop. I am also angered by the fact that Amy Winehouse gets publicity ( I know this is in fact publicity).

1. Panda Bear - Person Pitch
Panda Bear - Bros
2. Okkervil River- The Stage Names
Okkervil RIver - Unless it Kicks
3. Band of Horses - Cease to Begin
Band of Horses - No One's Going to Love You
4. The National - Boxer
The National - Fake Empire
5. Radiohead - In Rainbows
Radiohead - Reckoner
6. Of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?
Of Montreal - Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse
7. Brother Ali - The Undisputed Truth
Brother Ali - Uncle Sam Goddamn
8. The Field - From Here we go Sublime
The Field - The Little Hearts Beats so Fast
9. M.I.A - Kala
M.I.A - Boyz
10. Justice - † (Cross)
Justice - D.A.N.C.E (why not?)

Also for the record, Amy Winehouse does and always has looked like a man who I shit out on a cold sunday evening after a particularly rough lunch. As vile as that sounds it is true and I cannot apologize for that.

-jon

No comments: