Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Plants and Animals


Hey you, yes you! Wanna be let in on a secret? A secret so great that you may question my possible divinity? Okay, it is...I know the winner of the 2008 Polaris Music Prize! It's true, I do. Ask me how I know, c'mon ask?

I did the math, yes the math. See here is what I did, broken down for you laymen.

[(1 Polaris Nominated Label+Hyped Band's New Release)xBlog Hype]-Potential Pitchfork Backlash = Polaris Win.

Take 2007 as an example and the Polaris Music Prize winner "Patrick Watson". Remember that his label "Secret City" has both him and Miracle Fortress both of which were nominated for the prize. But anyway to prove my theorem.

[(Secret City Records+Close to Paradise)X Oddles of Praise on the Blogs] - Pitchfork Backlash 5.2 = 2007 Winner of Polaris Music Prize Patrick Watson.

So who is this mystery band that I am claiming to be destined for fame and fortune, you ask?

The Answer is Montreal's "Plants and Animals".

You want to listen?

Yeah, You want to listen!

Plants and Animals - Bye Bye Bye

Not to be confused with the N'sync hit of the late 90's early 2000's.

enjoy kids.

Jon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Screw law school, this man is a scientist.